- Published on Friday, 14 December 2012 02:19
If you've ever had the 'Unknown Device' message pop up and weren't sure what to do with it, you need to read this article.
If you've never seen that message, you might want to bookmark the site for future reference. :)
Device driver installation has always been a headache for most of the people. Either one thing
or the other is always missing. Once we want to clean device drivers for our system.
If we miss some of the drivers, nothing works fine. Here are some ways to find unknown device drivers in Windows.
- Go to your device manager. You can find it at Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager.
- If you have any device with its driver missing, you will be able to see the device labeled as Unknown Device
with a yellow exclamatory sign.
- Right click the unknown device you will find details after you click properties.
- Now, navigate to the Details tab and select the Device Instance Path form the drop down list.
- You will be able to see the Instance path similar to:
- Now, copy the Vendor ID and Device Id of the device in a notepad. The one in REDis Vendor ID and the one in GREEN
is device ID.
- Now, Download our driver navigation and install it in your systerm and then install the unknow device driver directly.